Sunday, February 15, 2009

Extra Sensory Perception

Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) is knowledge or perception without use of the five senses. Familiar terms that are often interchanged with ESP are sixth sense, gut instinct, hunch, (women's) intuition. I believe everyone possesses ESP abilities. Accessing them comes naturally to some, others need to cultivate them through opening ourselves via means such as meditation.
Many people report precognitive experiences, as in dreams that foretell a future event. The most notable precognitive dream I had as a teen was one that foretold a friend's upcoming brush with the law. I told the person it related to about the dream and the event did take place. I was then blamed for "informing" on them to authorities. My first lesson in keeping my experiences to myself! Although now I'm in a place where I feel safe to divulge any such information IF I feel the parties involved are receptive.
Our sixth sense, gut instinct, hunches, women's intuition, even the small voice within that warns us to take a different action than that we are contemplating can guide us wisely through life. Women are notoriously gifted with intuition. My mother and I and my duaghter and I are quite connected. Often one calls the other only to hear the person on the other end of the line say "I was just picking up the phone to call you." A humerous incident is the fact that often when I speak to my daughter, even though we are two states apart, is to learn we're preparing the same menu for supper.
Whenever I go against the small voice inside me or my intuition I'm usually met with less than desireable results. Now, I know the benefit of listening to my intuition and no longer allow my human nature to stand in the way of decisions
- bethany moran

No comments:

Post a Comment