Friday, February 13, 2009

Meditation

For general meditation I stretch out on the bed, arms at my sides. I say a prayer asking God to surround me with the white light of protection to keep me from unwittingly inviting negative energies. In the darkened room I close my eyes and take several deep breaths, inhaling through my nose, holding the breath and blowing out slowly through my mouth. The most difficult part of the practice comes next as I clear my mind. This may take some practice. However, I visualize erasing a blackboard to a clean slate. If distracted by intrusive thoughts bring yourself back into the now by allowing yourself to release the distractions.
Beginning at my toes I tighten and relax muscle groups up through my body, breathing slow deliberate breaths all the while. Next, in my mind's eye I take myself to a place of natural beauty to further clear my mind and deepen my relaxed state. For me, this usually includes a flowing stream or other body of water. I place myself entirely in the beautiful scene, experiencing warmth, sunshine, the sound of the water. As I become more relaxed the scene fades to black and I reach what I feel is almost a trance like state. In this state I am open to any messages that I may need to learn. After some time, it may be a few minutes or nearly an hour, I bring myself back into the awareness of the now.
In the deeply meditative state I may find I've received an auditory message though it's much more likely that I receive images. Similar to analyzing dreams I note symbolism received during meditation. At this point it may help to write out what was seen or heard during the relaxed state. With practice the meaning of the message you received should become clear.
Reach deep within yourself during meditation and you may be able to find the answers to questions present in your life.
- bethany moran

No comments:

Post a Comment