Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reconciling Duality

To me, duality is the separation or difference between the light and the dark, between this side and the other, between left brain and right brain. There's also a duality that exists for many of us between religion (usually the one we were raised with) and the paranormal/spiritual.
I was raised as a good Christian girl, yet through my own free thinking, free will, I've developed an interest in the paranormal and supernatural. I worship one God. My belief is the one God may well have created many planes of existence, only some of which we have knowledge.
Stories of what heaven is are vague. There are rumors of streets paved in gold. Yet most religious orders in the world teach that only their true believers reach the pearly gates. If that is so are there many heavens? I believe when we die we are judged before God. I believe it is at God's hand that we're directed to eternity with those who lived in the light or to damnation with those who walked with evil.
It's the ultimate question humans ask. What is there beyond life? My religion teaches of heaven and hell, eternal life or eternal damnation yet it doesn't say what either are.
Reincarnation, which I believe in, also runs counter to my religious upbringing. However, I believe that as part of our new life on the other side we continue to develop and learn. If it is deemed necessary we return to mortal life to learn on this plane. The cycle of learning and living continues until we reach the ultimate state of enlightenment.
Be enlightened, not judgemental.
- behtany moran

No comments:

Post a Comment