Thursday, January 29, 2009

Angel Helpers

During a trying time in my life I had a most unexpected visitor. I was unhappy in a marriage and had recently injured my back. Any spare moment I had was spent laying on the floor with my knees bent in order to alleviate pain. One day a red and black hound appeared at my back door. When the door opened he sauntered in as if he owned the place and glued himself to my side. If I laid on the floor he sat at my head as if watching over me. When my then-spouse came near - we were at a point of extreme animosity - it growled furiously, causing my husband to take a wide way around me. In the matter of a few weeks as often happens the relationship deteriorated further. It was decision time for me and that decision was that I needed to move on. As soon as I reached that conclusion and took steps to bring it about the dog went out one day never to return.
I often thought he was an angel sent to watch over me in a time of need.
As when performing random acts of kindness, when we minister to these unexpected animal visitors I feel we may be playing hosts to an angel.
Have you had an animal visit you can't explain?
take care
- bethany moran

No comments:

Post a Comment