Thursday, January 8, 2009

In The Beginning . . .

Paranormal: out of the normal realm

Many who've had paranormal experiences, and some who haven't, believe the "normal" realm we exist in is far from normal on its own. I, and many family members have had paranormal experiences.

My earliest memories include dreams of being a small child in post WWII Europe. In the dreams I huddle, clad in filthy rags, in the doorway of a business closed for the night in a busy middle-sized city. The town is battle-worn and I remember the atmosphere as gray and dirty. In the dreams I'm about five years of age and with a little brother of about three whom I'm trying to keep warm. I beg for food as people busily stroll past, ignoring us. Another strong memory finds me standing on tip-toes looking out a front window of a modest home. Tanks roll down the street. I assume it's during the liberation because there's no feeling of dread associated with the tanks, more a joyful feeling.

These are vivid images for a child too young to know what a war is, where Europe is and why people wouldn't help children in a time of dire need. I've had what I assume are flashbacks of three other lives as well.

Years later I married and became a mother. My daughter spoke early and, like her Momma, had plenty to say. Around the age of two she described where she lived before she came "to live here." Indeed, she described a well lived in farmhouse, complete with creaking screen door on the back of the house. She also told of Christmas dinners where a roast goose graced the center of the table, but there wasn't much else to eat. My daughter described living with the other children. Fortunately, I wasn't alarmed. Many children's claims are ignored or, worse, chastised by recanting past life descriptions. Her recollections cemented a belief I'd nurtured many years.

Where will I be when I pass on to the other side? Who will I be? What will I do? Will I find an answer before I pass?

No comments:

Post a Comment