Tuesday, January 13, 2009

They're Heeeeeeeeeeeeere

Poltergeists can be defined as noisy, mischievous ghosts that is responsible for rappings and / or other unexplained noises. It's a good definition but my belief is that no single ghost, soul of a departed human, is behind the noises; the noises comes from psychic energy emanating from that who is at the center of the phenomenon. The average American female teenager is a bundle of energy. Hormonally driven changes, burgeoning sexuality, emotions run wild are stirred into a seething mass of energy. Is it any wonder than much poltergeist activity relates to young girls?




Though I experienced precognitive dreams and other phenomena as a young girl, poltergeist activity didn't begin until I married my first husband two months to the day after my eighteenth birthday. I was the epitome of the excitable teenage girl. Sexual energy and passion dominated me and I had a strong belief in the supernatural. My then-husband came from a family rich in paranormal history, including a great-grandmother who was well-known in the region as a loving healer and medium who often held services at Camp Chesterfield in central Indiana.




When we married we moved into a modest mobile home wrapped in love. As soon as we moved in to begin our new life together the noises began. I don't recall traditional rapping sounds. Often the sound of bells ringing was heard. The most memorable instances seemed to occur after we argued. One evening as we got ready to go out I was in the bathroom drying my hair and my ex-husband was in the living room. I repeated heard a small bell ring close to my ear as I used the blow dryer. Finally, exasperated, I went to the living room and asked why he was ringing a bell in the bathroom. He had no idea what I was talking about but we ended up talking out our differences and got over our argument.



One night in bed we heard a sound no less disturbing and memorable than to suggest the refrigerator had been pushed over with a resounding crash. Jumping out of bed we ran to the kitchen where . . . not a thing was out of place.



My most unique experience came one afternoon as I brought groceries into my house. I was totally alone, save for my cat, who came into the kitchen to see why I was disturbing her. I brought bag after bag of household supplies in from the car and placed them on the table. As I brought in one bag I noticed my cat was spooked. I watched as she turned and, fur puffed in fear, ran out of the kitchen. One-half a moment later I was startled (read: scared shitless) to hear what sounded like something as heavy as an old fashioned anvil fall through the roof, ceiling, upper cabinet, sink, lower cabinet and, finally, the floor. Belief in such phenomena doesn't preclude fright over its occurrence! After a brief glance to ensure a flaming meteor hadn't soared from the sky through my kitchen, for what other excuse could there be, I turned tail and ran. The only explanation I have is that of the poltergeist. I heard the object fall physically through each layer that could have stood in its way.



Other instances occurred with irregularity, but the crashing refrigerator and "anvil" stuck with me throughout the years. Has a poltergeist paid a visit to you? - Bethany Moran

No comments:

Post a Comment